25 Sep STATFlash: Ethernet Bandwidth Surges on Migration to Gigabit Services
Latest research analyzes the dynamics of Ethernet bandwidth, ports, revenue and pricing
BOSTON, MA, SEPTEMBER 25, 2019 – Vertical Systems Group’s latest ENS (Emerging Networks Service) research for the U.S. retail Carrier Ethernet market shows solid growth through 2023, driven by customer migration to higher bandwidth services that ensure reliable, dedicated network connectivity. Gigabit speed services are boosting growth in bandwidth, ports and revenue, despite declines in average pricing.
- Total bandwidth for Ethernet ports installed at U.S. customer sites is projected to more than triple during the five-year projection period to 2023.
- Port growth for both the 10+ Gbps and 1 Gbps segments is projected at double digit CAGRs.
- 100 Mbps is the most widely installed port speed.
- Revenue growth is lagging port growth as a result of ongoing price compression, as well as competition in major markets.
- Average pricing is declining across every Ethernet service and speed combination as billed to the customer (i.e., ‘street price’ net of discounts).
- Ethernet DIA has the highest revenue growth outlook through 2023.
Want the details?
Complete coverage of Ethernet market projections, statistics and analysis through 2023 is available exclusively with a subscription to Vertical Systems Group’s ENS @Ethernet research. Contact us now for more information and pricing.
ENS @Ethernet segmentation reflects what service providers are offering and enterprise customers are purchasing. Service segments tracked are DIA (Dedicated Internet Access), E-Access to VPN (Ethernet Access to IP/MPLS), EPL (Ethernet Private Lines), EVPL (Ethernet Virtual Private Lines), Metro LAN and WAN VPLS (Wide Area Network Virtual Private LAN Service). Speed segments covered are 10+ Gbps, 1 Gbps, 100 Mbps, 10 Mbps, and Sub-10 Mbps.
@Ethernet is available now exclusively by subscription to an ENS Research Program, which provides unlimited cloud-based access to hundreds of Research Topics. Coverage includes Worldwide, Regional and U.S. market drivers & trends, market segmentation, ports and revenue by Ethernet service and speed, pricing by service and speed, migration trends, market share detail by service provider, Global Provider and U.S. LEADERBOARDs, profiles of top providers, Directories of Ethernet operators and more. Contact us for more information and pricing.