30 Nov STATFlash: When will DIA revenue eclipse all other Ethernet services combined?
Latest ENS research provides in-depth projections and analysis on DIA and other Ethernet services for revenue, ports, bandwidth, and pricing
BOSTON, MA, November 30, 2023 – Vertical Systems Group’s latest ENS (Emerging Networks Service) research shows that DIA (Dedicated Internet Access) is the largest and fastest growing source of U.S. retail Carrier Ethernet revenue through 2027. In addition to DIA, Vertical tracks five other Ethernet services – Ethernet Access to IP/MPLS, EPL (Ethernet Private Lines), EVPL (Ethernet Virtual Private Lines), Metro LAN, and WAN VPLS (Wide Area Network Virtual Private LAN Service).
What’s driving DIA revenue?
Two key applications are driving revenue for DIA services. First is customer demand for dedicated high speed WAN access underlay connectivity to support the expansion of Managed SD-WAN networks. The other major DIA driver is the need for secure, dedicated gigabit-speed connectivity to Cloud services.
DIA services already contribute just over one third of U.S. Ethernet revenue. By 2026, DIA will eclipse aggregate revenue for all five of the other Ethernet services combined based on projected growth rates.
What’s the outlook for Ethernet Services?
ENS @Ethernet Research Program subscribers have access to statistics and analysis on these strategic market questions and more:
- How much revenue will DIA contribute each year from 2022 to 2027? What are the annual growth rates for DIA ports for this period?
- What are the figures and CAGRs for revenue and ports for each of the other five Ethernet service segments?
- What are the pricing trends for each of the six Ethernet service segments?
- How much revenue will Gigabit speed services contribute between 2022 and 2027?
- How are Ethernet Private Line services positioned relative to Wavelength services?
- How is migration to Managed SD-WAN and SASE impacting Ethernet services?